MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: apache port change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
newb alert !

I did some searching for threads pertaining to this and at present i dont have all the details about your software, but here goes...

I started with xampp and ended up here.
it would have the latest php and mysql going I suppose...

when I changed the listen port for apache from 80,
I get the forum but without all the graphics.

found files: php.ini and php5.ini
what files and changes might I make to run this all on a new port ?
Big Grin

awsome forum software BTW....
I presume your change of port has changed the URL to the forum (as well as the images). You'll need to notify MyBB of this change - check the AdminCP -> Configuration -> Settings -> General Settings -> Board URL (make sure you specify the custom port in the relevant URLs there).
It did the same thing after making the above changes.

once I change the listen port for apache in the http.conf file, it stop working.

It will load a partial page without graphics. When you attempt to nav, it seems to crash.

And guess what, now I have no idea how I'm gonna put those changes back.
after undoing the apache file, the forum is unreachable.
I will check back with you in about 8 hours....
dont for get as it a local host you need to have the domain as 127.1.1/forums/

or what ever folder it in

if you want to use a real domain let me now i give you a step by step on doing that :d

this the only thing i can see not making the images show up
I have two diferent dynamic ip addresses with no-ip.one simply goes to port 80, the other directs to port 1111.

I can seem to have both apache and iis run smoothly.
as long as iis runs on port 1111 and the apache on 80.

but then I wanted to use tsweb...

I found the "one click" install xampp to go easy enough.
I want to fix this existing install to run on an alternate port though.
Where I have failed many times, this succeeded in setting up php and mysql all in one, and came with apache.

I made the above changes and now the forum doesnt load.
I cant access the forum to either undo the port 1111 or to check for a typo as I may have typed the domain leading to 1111 wrong.
I dont know. Confused

I have f:\apache\xampp\htdocs
where I installed the forum into the htdocs
php, mysql and apache folders are within the xampp folder.

Are you saying my forum setting should have read
http://mydumbdynamicname.dumb:1111/htdocs ?
What URL are you accessing the forum through?

Let's assume it's http://localhost:1111/forums - make sure your Board URL in the AdminCP says that. If that doesn't work, try accessing the images directly, eg see if you can visit http://localhost:1111/forums/images/engl...wreply.gif
I get Object not found from apache.

The forum is installed in the default htdocs folder of apache not a forums folder.
I made the change you suggested ie mydynamicdomainname.com:1111
within the forum.
Now I have no access. And no way I know to change the setting outside of accessing the forum.

my /joomla folder works despite the port number change.

Do I need consider reinstalling the mybboard yet !?
(2009-01-06, 04:09 AM)rebelbrowser Wrote: [ -> ]I get Object not found from apache.

The forum is installed in the default htdocs folder of apache not a forums folder.
I made the change you suggested ie mydynamicdomainname.com:1111
within the forum.
Now I have no access. And no way I know to change the setting outside of accessing the forum.

my /joomla folder works despite the port number change.

Do I need consider reinstalling the mybboard yet !?
You'll need to figure out the exact URLs of all your files - that is, what's the URL of where your images are stored?
its not just the images.
the forum, doesnt connect to its database.
it might load the front page without images,
but I suspect that means the forum has been detatched from its self.
tonite I am trying to reinstall the board.
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
I deleted the file called lock, and now I cant login with my admin crcedentials..
what gives...
I copied and pasted all the riginal files in ubder htdocs...(mistake right !)
Now I have to system restore from yesterday, then copy and paste the install directory and remove the lock file ! ok got it, (love how I am answering my own questions...)
And I thought it was gonna be hard...didnt you.