MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NO highlight script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found plenty that work on IE but none for firefox. Does anyone have a script to disable highlighting in firefox + all the other new browsers?
why would you do this, do you hate your users or something
(2009-01-06, 01:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]why would you do this, do you hate your users or something

He probably has content on there that he doesn't want being copy/pasted onto another site, like private stories unique to the site, or something.
(2009-01-06, 01:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]why would you do this, do you hate your users or something

do you always have an attitude?
(2009-01-06, 01:25 AM)Proper Wrote: [ -> ]

do you always have an attitude?

I normally see him a lot nicer then this.
Perhaps something cropped up, but it's really none of our buisness.
[Image: Picture1-7.png]

[Image: Picture2-1.png]

check it out, two ways to get this information without having to highlight anything!

these "anti-copying" measures do nothing but piss off users who want to share content from your site with other people, which may actually encourage them to join your site!

by doing this you will do nothing but annoy your loyal users and drive away new ones
Brad makes very good points IMO. You can disable right click and highlighting if you must, but disabling viewing the source?? I'm not sure if it's possible to get a plugin on a forum to do that. Whenever a site disables right click or copying, I just view the source, so it's a waste of time. And yeah, copying info can be used to promote your site.