MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ERROR Msg When Importing A Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so i upload my images from the theme to http://yoursite.com/forum/images/INSERTTHEMEHERE
OK, i believe thats right, then i go to import the xml doc and get this, silly, wrong error message ...
[!]The following errors were encountered:

Please enter a theme a import.
-------------------------------
I haven't spelt it wrong by putting 2 'a's so if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated
So you're browsing for the file and get that error?? What happens if you upload the .xml and give the URL to it??
No, im not browsing the file, thats after i've attempted to upload it!
Ok, try and browse for the file and see how it goes then.
(2009-01-05, 10:46 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, try and browse for the file and see how it goes then.
What?! I've browsed for the file which is located on my desktop/afreshsky/afreshsky.xml
I've attempted to upload it but just get that error message Sad
Any help, by the way i've tried it with 4 themes now!
You just said that you hadn't browsed for it.

(2009-01-05, 10:41 PM)mmmatty Wrote: [ -> ]No, im not browsing the file, thats after i've attempted to upload it!

So, to clarify, you get the error when you upload it in the ACP, and when it's uploaded to your file manager and you give the URL, yes??
(2009-01-05, 10:53 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You just said that you hadn't browsed for it.

(2009-01-05, 10:41 PM)mmmatty Wrote: [ -> ]No, im not browsing the file, thats after i've attempted to upload it!

So, to clarify, you get the error when you upload it in the ACP, and when it's uploaded to your file manager and you give the URL, yes??

Right, ive uploaded all of the neccesary images to my forum via FTP
to.. EXAMPLESITE.COM/forum/images --- into that specific path
Then i go to import a theme into admin cp, browse for the .xml file, and get the error

[!]The following errors were encountered:

Please enter a theme a import.
Why is it doing this?!
more simple, just open with .xml with notepad, and see were the image must be uploaded

>> root/images/theme/logo.gif
(2009-01-06, 05:58 PM)who rules Wrote: [ -> ]more simple, just open with .xml with notepad, and see were the image must be uploaded

>> root/images/theme/logo.gif

What do you mean, I don't think that has anything to do with problem, I think my main concern now is that it WONT let me CHMOD my /cache/themes it says permission denied on cPanel!
Then you'll need to ask your host to sort that out.
Pages: 1 2