MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ported from phpbb3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well almost everything got screwed up but it worked well enough that it was fixable. I have a few questions...

1. On phpbb3 I had an mod/admin forum that only mods/admins can see and post in but mods were treated as regular users there how can I do this with MyBB?

2. How do I add users to the moderators group?

3. My admin forum that was viewable to only mods and admins seems to have dissapeared in the transfer but if i go into the acp I can see the forum but it doesn't show up. How can I make it only viewable to mods/admins again instead of hiding it from everyone?(this ties in with number 1)
1. You can edit the permissions for each forum to allow some usergroups to see it and be able to post in it, and make it invisible to others.

2. ACP > Users & Groups > **choose user** > you can edit their primary usergroup here.

3. 'Forum is Active?' is probably unticked in the ACP forum settings, so tick 'Forum is Active?', combine it with the step in number 1, and you should be ok.
Ok, the box is checked for forum is active but I still can't see the forum. Got eveyone into the mod group though.
Ok, I got it fixed mostly but cant find how to make the mods regular users in that category I can set if they can see it post etc but now if they can moderate in it :\.
I think if you choose the 'Moderators' option for the forum you want to edit, you can add mods there.
Can I get rid of the moderated by tags?
Example:
Moderated By: Bakekitsune, bortix, NazoBlue, Perxion

Also when I click the Admin category it tells me...
Quote:Invalid forum
(2009-01-08, 02:25 AM)Existance0 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get rid of the moderated by tags?
Example:
Moderated By: Bakekitsune, bortix, NazoBlue, Perxion
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-43142.html
Existance0 Wrote:Also when I click the Admin category it tells me...
Quote:Invalid forum

What are the settings for that forum?