MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: command line interface?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am facing the challenge of rebuilding the forum entirely because 1.4.2 doesnt upgrade properly to 1.4.4. at least not on my system.

aside from all users re-registering i have to rebuild the forum tables and the categories by hand. what would make this easier and faster would be a shell interface for the forum.

a MyBBash? maybe? i think the most difficult part might be deciding whether to pun out the name of it rather than programming it

p.s. maybe make it similar to a unix bash? that would rock! but quite frankly i wouldnt mind learning a new command syntax.

on second thought lets put it to a vote
It probably would've been easier to export the old tables and reimport them than recreate everything. Otherwise, I can't see too much use over a GUI, unless you like doing batch scripts or something without using PHP...
(2009-01-07, 05:33 AM)projektpointless Wrote: [ -> ]I am facing the challenge of rebuilding the forum entirely because 1.4.2 doesnt upgrade properly to 1.4.4. at least not on my system.

I can promise that if you followed the instructions correctly that the upgrade procedure is fine. Either that or it is a problem outside of MyBB

MyBB won't probably ever have a CLI interface. MyBB is a bulletin board and we intent to focus on the bulletin board aspect of it
I must admit this is one fascinating suggestion, but unfortunately I cannot see the true usefulness that can come out of this "tool".

You can definitely SSH in and use your text editors to edit the PHP, and control MySQL at the command line, but I don't see how a command line interface would have any advantage over an Admin CP.