MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I broke it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone seen this before? (see attached screenshot)

it shows on log out and log in, i assumed it was a permissions issue but ive tried changing them but it didnt fix it
What is the last thing you changed, edit, removed, uploaded, etc.?
i was changing the content of emails sent and i changed the name of the forum through acp, nothing else i can think of
Did you happen to edit any files with notepad?

I'm a little out of the support loop, forgive me. Smile
yeah i did actually...should i not have?
well, you don't edit files if you don't know what your doing, usually.. what files did you edit?
(2009-01-07, 06:31 AM)lemusa Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i did actually...should i not have?
Not with Notepad, no. Find an alternate text editor like Notepad++ or even Wordpad.

Whatever files you edited, replace them with a fresh one from the downloads page (assuming you're running the latest release). If it's not the latest then you can find older versions here:
[Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
member.language.php was one i edited, cant remember if i edited global or not, but i definitely opened it, i knew what i was doin to a certain extent, i did some trial and error but as far as i know the changes that didnt work were reverted back to original
Even if you undid the changes and used notepad to save the file then it's no good.

You can do the changes that worked again with an alternate editor. Smile
thanks il look into it, so for now just replace my edited stuff with orignal files?
Pages: 1 2