MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to install theme and customize logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,
I want to install this theme: Afresh Black

How do i install it and how to change the logo to my site's name.
Also how do i add some codes at the footer, i mean if i want to put advertisement in my site at footer, which file should i work with.
Hope someone replies.
Make a new folder called 'black' in your ./images/ folder and put the images for theme into this folder directly. Then go to ACP > Templates & Style > Import a Theme > browse for the .xml file. Then when you've done that, you can open up the settings for that them, and change the URL to the logo you want to show.

For footer code, no files, just templates. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set used for theme** > Footer Templates > footer.
I went to import a theme from local file from my comp.
I selected .xml file and entered new name as Afresh and then clicked on import theme.
I am getting this error:

The following errors were encountered:

* Upload failed. Please try again.Error details:
* PHP returned: Failed to write the file to disk. Please contact your forum administrator with this error.
Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777. If that doesn't work you may well need to ask your host and see if they know why it happens...
(2009-01-07, 05:50 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777. If that doesn't work you may well need to ask your host and see if they know why it happens...

Its already 777 and i have contacted the host but he doesn't seem to know anything about it.
Well how do i change the logo of the default style from MyBB to my site's logo.

I know i am asking too much. But this is the way i will learn.
I am hosting a forum for the first time. Please bear with me.
Thanking you.
Open the settings for the theme you want to edit, and change the URL to the image. if it's locally hosted you can start the path with images/
What can be the dimensions of the logo.
Default is 248*82.
So it should be that much or i can extend it.
You can have it as large as you want really, doesn't have to be the same size as the default one.
I made a logo with .jpg.
But when i try to put it in the ACP in Board Logo, i get foll. error:
The selected editor theme does not exist. Please select a valid editor theme.

I have uploaded the logo to the images directory. then what is the problem.

Also, when i try to post a new thread, i don't see a way for font color. How do i change the color of the font.
How do i get the same editor which is in this forum. Its nice. How do i get it in my forum.
You might not have uploaded ./images/codebuttons/, ./jscripts/editor_themes/ or ./jscripts/editor.js if you're not seeing that, then.
Pages: 1 2 3 4