MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] EZsql v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Caveat: This plugin at Mybb Central is for paid subscribers only.]

Plugin Name: EZsql
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 2.0
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.4x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 1
Plugin Description: This allows the Super Admin to run sql queries from the admincp. This is a VERY dangerous and powerful tool. Please use it responsibly.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2243.html <-- Download Link
Dangerous indeed.. better hope nobody gets into your ACP account..
It's set for Super Admin only. Hard coded for the protection. The form won't work at all to anyone else.
I think I feel safer without this. :x But it's pretty great.
I like the sound of it, but I don't know how to run regular queries. :/
Well often simple stuff like this would be useful to run:

UPDATE mybb_users SET hideemail ='1';

That will quickly set every users email to be hidden. You can of course do that in phpmyadmin but with EZsql you can do it much quicker in admincp. I found this very useful in 1.2x so I rebuilt this one from scratch for 1.4x. For the 1.2x version I used a prewritten class but the 1.4x wrote entirely myself since I realized that mybb has support now for multiple DB's. Hopefully this will work in more more mysql just fine. A few things took a bit of work to get right and heck there are probably some bugs still in it but I can't spend all day on it. Smile It's tested as thoroughly as I could and functioning for regular use just fine.
Do you recommend that someone like me use this?
Someone like you? I have no idea what you're like.
xD ok. how about a novice webmaster? Since this is dangerous, would it be wise for me to install it?
I requested this to be updated and I think it's great Big Grin To be frank, if someone gets access to my ACP login I'm screwed anwyay, even without this, as they can erase everything by deleting things via the ACP, it'll just take longer than a query to empty a table, so I don't consider it to be overly dangerous. Saves me having to open PHPMyAdmin.
Pages: 1 2