MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff Only Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I make a staff only forum? It needs to be completely invisible to guests and registered users. Deselecting "forum is active" in edit forum, makes it invisible for everyone, including logged in super admins. So i need something that is just invisible to guests, registered users, and any special usergroups I make up outside typical staff ones - moderators, super mods, admin, super admin.

Maybe there is a plugin or?
When creating the forum you can select (I think from the advanced options - there's a link that will expand out some more options while making a forum) which usergroups can view the forum, post in it, etc.
Ya i tried that, but for some reason my staff only forum is still showing even though for guests for example, every single option is deselected, including view forum, and view threads within forum.
You just need your permissions settings set right

Just set your permissions like i have set for my staff rooms
[Image: th_84707_1sxerydrbyrty_122_938lo.JPG]

You will need to got to "edit permissions" on each non staff group.
Then choose, Use custom permissions.. Uncheck - Can view forum? Can view threads within forum?
[Image: th_84712_2deryderyerytr_122_171lo.jpg]

Do that for all non staff groups, and the opposite for the staff.
(2009-01-08, 03:18 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]You just need your permissions settings set right

Just set your permissions like i have set for my staff rooms
[Image: th_84707_1sxerydrbyrty_122_938lo.JPG]

You will need to got to "edit permissions" on each non staff group.
Then choose, Use custom permissions.. Uncheck - Can view forum? Can view threads within forum?
[Image: th_84712_2deryderyerytr_122_171lo.jpg]

Do that for all non staff groups, and the opposite for the staff.

Doesnt seem to be working. Here is what comes up for both guests and registered users.

[Image: guestview.jpg]

Here is the message when I click on the "staff only" forum as a guest.

[Image: guestmessage.jpg]

Here is the message when I click on the "staff only" forum as a registered user.

[Image: registereduserview.jpg]

Here are my basic permissions settings for guest on the "staff only" forum

[Image: staffpermissionsbasic.jpg]

Here are the advanced permission settings for guests on the "staff only" forum

[Image: staffpermissionsadvanced.jpg]

So as far as I can tell the settings are exactly right, but I can still see the staff only forum on the forum index view, either as guest or registered, and I shouldnt be able too. I have disabled all plugins as well, and still have this forum. I just cant get the staff only forum to vanish.
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Forum Home Options --> Hide Private Forums? - set that to "Yes"
Thats correct.. i forgot to mention that.. sorry
oh god, lol solved. So simple. I should have seen that option. Thx Denniss, you rock!!

Thx Rh1n0 and littleg for your input though Smile we got their in the end.