MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New installation css/;theme problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

I've downloaded the newest version of MyBB with a new database and user. Uploaded the contentes of the Uploads folder and got it all set up fine but when actually going to my forum it seems it's not picking up the template/css/theme properly?

** Editted link out so it remains hidden. **

The admin area is set out fine. Just seems to be the main forum which is the problem. Huh
Make sure your board URL is correct, and that ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777.
Thanks Matt, seemed the ./cache/themes/ didn't get chmodded in the original installation.
Hi

Is it possible to first install Mybb on computer THEN uploaded to my website ?

Thanks

Bela Ba
[email protected]
Not possible
(2009-04-30, 10:23 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible

Thanks lot for your prompt reply

Bela

What are you on about? It is possible. Just take a backup of the database on your computer then import it to your other forum. If you have added themes or plugins upload them to your other forum as well.
(2009-04-30, 10:30 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]

What are you on about? It is possible. Just take a backup of the database on your computer then import it to your other forum. If you have added themes or plugins upload them to your other forum as well.

Thanks Josh for your prompt reply

I'll be doing a brand new (forum) installation.
Now how to get started as I don't see any "setup" or "installation" files in MyBB setup ?

Thanks again in advance

Bela
(2009-04-30, 11:45 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing

Thanks again Josh

I hope that I'll find a way to do the installation first on my computer before uploading everything to my website ( www.belaba.com ) because I want to have more time to convert my actual CuteCast forums to MyBB.

If not well I'll have to upload it first and then work from the server to make the changes.

Thanks a lot again Josh

Bela
Pages: 1 2