MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] threads get listed multiple times after beeing moved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=12299]

problem happens like this:

1) thread gets created in the "right" subforum.
2) then it gets moved to the "frontpage" news subforum, where it resides for some time...
3) after a while, the thread should be moved back into the "right" forum again to stay there from now on...

unfortunately,not the thread appears twice in the listing :ß

(btw: it would be totally cool to have a "move for x days" option, next to the other options when moving a thread)...
Can't you remove the redirect on the one with the arrow??

I actually found this out today on these forums too, IMO when you move it back it should just overwrite the redirection link.
info:the arrows were a replacement for "moved:" ..

the thread was successfully re-moved again from the frontpage to the right subforum...
so 1st, there was only the entry with the arrows (point to the frontpage subforum)
and after re-moving back to the right forum, there is now the full thread description...
the thread also disappeared out of the listing of the frontpage subforum... so far so good... just that there's a double listing now^^

Quote:IMO when you move it back it should just overwrite the redirection link
it fails to do so, that is the problem ^^
(2009-01-08, 03:10 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you remove the redirect on the one with the arrow??

You can go into the ones with the arrows, and using the Moderation Options at the bottom, click 'Remove Redirects'.
indeed that works. it doesnt work in the thread listing (because there is no "remove redirects" in the inline moderation then)... but if i actually call the thread up to read it, then i can remove the redirects...
I know, there isn't an option for it on the thread list.

So yeah, basically if a thread is moved from forum A to forum B, a redirect is left in forum A, and if the thread is moved back from forum B to forum A, both the thread and redirect show in forum A when the thread should overwrite it's own redirect.
i can hear the benny hill theme playing somewhere :-----------------------)))
This technically isn't a bug, but I think it should still be looked into
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group