MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FORAROUSE - Free Forum Promotion!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

This was once my paid forum promotion service but when I sold my company I closed down all of the services. Well with the huge interest in such a service I decided to create a site that other users can get together and trade such services like trading posts, text links, banners, and even sponsorships.

I just put this together today so I'm looking for feedback on the design and layout. As with all of my websites I try to go for simple and user friendly. I try to avoid images also to minimize the load time, but should I be more worried about the appearance or load time?

For those of you who did view my other site, yes, it is the same design except converted over to the MyBB... I figured I paid enough for it I might as well get some use out of it. Wink
Reminds me of Web-Boosters, only a lot smaller. Sounds interesting, I'll be watching to see how this turns out.
Smaller as in the amount of forum areas or smaller as in the amount of content? If you mean the earlier, I feel the less amount of forums the better. If you mean the later then I hope that changes sometime soon. Big Grin
I was reffering to the amount of forums, though I'm not sure about the latter.
How does it promote ones forum?
Multiple ways, I've posted a few ideas already but it's mainly up to the forum owners imagination and how willing other people are. Wink
I'll be watching this to see how it turns out. Isn't this basically like any other forum though?:s
Quote:I've posted a few ideas already but it's mainly up to the forum owners imagination and how willing other people are

I'll check out the ideas you've posted, but I'm unsure as to what you mean by it being mainly up to the forum owners imagination and how willing other people are?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to understand what it is that's make anyone want to go to your forum for any kind of promotion.
(2009-01-09, 03:28 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be watching this to see how it turns out. Isn't this basically like any other forum though?:s
My "other forum" is actually this forum. I closed down my business so my paid forum promotion service went with it. Since I had the domain and there was a decent number of people interested in it (both in helping out and using the service) I put the site together to give forum owners a place to gather and help each other out, it's completely free also.

(2009-01-09, 03:42 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I'll check out the ideas you've posted, but I'm unsure as to what you mean by it being mainly up to the forum owners imagination and how willing other people are?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to understand what it is that's make anyone want to go to your forum for any kind of promotion.
The site provides an area for forum owners to gather and discuss ways of promoting their forum. The idea stemmed from a service I was providing where forum owners pay me and my staff to post on their forums. Well this can be used the same way except they get other forums owners to help out. There are multiple ways of forum promotion, trading posts, trading links/banners, paying for advertisements, sponsorships, etc...

Here is an example of how my forum can be used:

1 forum owner joins and posts that he is looking to trade 5 posts for 5 posts. 2 other forum owners reply and accept the offer. They exchange information and now the original thread creator has 10 posts and the other 2 each gained 5 posts on their forums.

Everybody knows that the number one way for gaining members is to have content and active members, so from what I have seen the best way to gain content to start out is to give others an incentive to post, in this case, it's a post for post trade.

Of course this is all totally voluntary and you are not required to accept any offers or requests if you don't want to. There is no restrictions, requirements, or payment involved (unless you work something out with other users).
what an inexplicably sexual name
Pages: 1 2