MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with getting theme to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having a problem with getting a theme to work. I downloaded the redking theme and followed all its steps to trtansfering the files and im pretty sure i did that right. Then i imported it on my admin control as a theme and set it as default. I dont know how to get the theme to show on myforum section of my website tho. As of now it just looks like a bunch of info with no format.

any help is appreciatedSmile
Moved to Themes

You can check the CSS properties of the theme to see if they've populated correctly - was there any error messages when you imported it?
Maybe ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ aren't CHMOD to 777.

(I also de-capitalised the thread title).
ok sry i havent responded lately ive been kind of busy. Anyway i did the chmod to 777 on cache and cache/themes and not much changed. and tom i rly dont know how to check the css properties and no there was no error message when i imported them. i dont rly no what to do and i want to get the forums to look good but well it just doesnt. Take a look for yourself http://undergroundrevolt.com/forum.php

plz tell help me out
You've put /forum.php at the end of your board URL setting and that shouldn't be there.... should just be http://undergroundrevolt.com

You also need to change your cookie domain to .undergroundrevolt.com
well im trying to add forums onto my site not make the site all forums

and where can i change the cookie domain?
Yes, but the board setting is wrong, which is causing the theme to not work.

./inc/settings.php, fix the board URL and cookie domain here, then in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration.
o wow thx i fixed it in the acp and it worked right away i dont really know how or what to use to open the ./inc/setting.php tho. It is working or atleast looks right as of now but if i still need to change that other thing plz tell me how
Well if it's looking ok now you won't have to edit the file then Smile