MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!,
I installed a theme and thereafter i saw guest & member shown different one..Please see my attachments

MEMBERS LOOK LIKE THIS
[Image: 1ca31.jpg]

GUEST LOOK LIKE THIS
[Image: dcad4.jpg]

in the guest some header missing..how can i fix this prob?
Guests and members always see a different welcome block. Look here, you see one thing when you're logged in, and another when you're logged out. header_welcomeblock_member shows for memebrs, header_welcomeblock_guest shows for guests. Guests doesn't have a link for the UserCP or PMs, do they??
I tried to change it..but not successful... Can you please help me to solve this problem

header_welcomeblock_guest
<br>
<br>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
<span class="trow1" style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
<span class="trow2" id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register"><font color="red" size="4"><b>{$lang->welcome_register}</b></a>)</font></span>
<br>

header_welcomeblock_member

<table border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="50%"><navigation></td>
<td width="40%" class="trow2" style="font-size:11px">
{$lang->welcome_back} <br />
{$lang->welcome_current_time}<br />
<a
href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a>
{$lang->welcome_pms_usage}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<b>{$modcplink}{$admincplink}</b>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<table tborder="0" class="thead" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]"
cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" class="tborder" align="center">
<tr align="center">
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>Portal</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="$settings[bburl]/usercp.php">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>User Control Panel</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="$settings[bburl]/misc.php?action=help">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>$lang->toplinks_help</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="$settings[bburl]/memberlist.php">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>$lang->toplinks_memberlist</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="$settings[bburl]/calendar.php">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>$lang->toplinks_calendar</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="search.php?action=getnew">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>Action</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a href="$settings[bburl]/search.php">
<font size="1px" color="#FFFFFF"><b>$lang->toplinks_search</b></font></a></td>
<td class="thead" width="1%"><a
href="member.php?action=logout&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}"><b>{$lang->welcome_logout}</b></a></td>
</tr>
</table>

Can you please help me to solve this problem??
thankx
No, it's not a problem, it's exactly as it's meant to be. A guest needs a link to login and register, and nothing else. A logged in member doesn't need a link to login or register, but needs to log out link, UserCP link etc. It is exactly as it is supposed to be.
Hello m@m,
as MttR wrote, this is the normal way MyBB works. I suggest that you take a look at the "vbnavbar for 1.4.4" (originally by Lapsetur and changes to version 1.4.4 by flick) here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42635.html . It seems to me that you, already, are using a similar type of navbar and that the vbnavbar "solves" the users/guests changes on the bar itself.

Ori...