MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add comment in the login screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
i want to do following changes to my login screen
1) When I hit Back button after entering wrong the password, the username is going away, it should be there
2) I want to enter comments in the login screen (customized)

any one please help me for above the questions?

Thanks
hari
1. Usernames and passwords are remembered by the browser, if you tell it to remember them, so if it hasn't got something to remember, it won't show it. Make sure you have your UCP options to remember login details.
2. Where exactly do you want these comments to show...??
(2009-01-09, 05:47 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]1. Usernames and passwords are remembered by the browser, if you tell it to remember them, so if it hasn't got something to remember, it won't show it. Make sure you have your UCP options to remember login details.
2. Where exactly do you want these comments to show...??

Hay thanks for your quick response,
1) actually when i click back button again i need to click login option, insted of the can i keep it visible?

2) I want to put comments bellow or beside of the credential fields..

Thanks
That's how it works, it's an inline login form, it only shows when you click 'Login'. I think to stop it, you'll have to make the login link open ./member.php?action=login which will open in a new page like 1.2 did.

Can you printscreen which login page you mean?? There are 2 you could mean.
(2009-01-09, 05:56 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]That's how it works, it's an inline login form, it only shows when you click 'Login'. I think to stop it, you'll have to make the login link open ./member.php?action=login which will open in a new page like 1.2 did.

here i am sending screenshot for comments area...
Thanks
(2009-01-09, 05:56 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]That's how it works, it's an inline login form, it only shows when you click 'Login'. I think to stop it, you'll have to make the login link open ./member.php?action=login which will open in a new page like 1.2 did.

here i am sending screenshot for comments area...
Thanks
Putting screenshots in Word is no good because the arrows move around... put it in paint and add a circle or something where you want it.
(2009-01-09, 06:17 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Putting screenshots in Word is no good because the arrows move around... put it in paint and add a circle or something where you want it.

changed to bmp.

Thanks
One on the left will probably be the header template, if you float some links to the left of the current ones or something, and the one on the right will be header_welcomeblock_guest.
(2009-01-09, 07:22 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]One on the left will probably be the header template, if you float some links to the left of the current ones or something, and the one on the right will be header_welcomeblock_guest.

hay can u explain me in depth where i have to change following settings, becz i am not a developer.

Thanks
You have to open up those templates in the ACP, and add whatever it is you want to add. I can't tell you what to add because you haven't actually said what you want to add yet.
Pages: 1 2