MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Can I import a older database to a board ?

How ?
Yes, upload it via PHPMyAdmin. You'll need to run the upgrader if the database is from an older version than your files though.
I uploaded it to phpmyadmin. Now what ? Big Grin
Well I don't know what else you have done. Have you already configured ./inc/config.php?? Does the database need to be upgraded??
Oh, I'm asking this because I tried to merge from Vbulletin to Mybb but I get

MyBB needs to be installed before you can convert.

I use v 1.4.4
Well you never said that. This should be in the merge forum then. Did you read the merge documentation?? I think you need to install MyBB from scratch in a separate folder first....
Ok, this is it:

www.thewebmarket.net/forums <-- Installed mybb here
www.thewebmarket.net/forums/convert <-- the convert directory is here

I read the manual and I did the same, I don't understand why is not working...
Ok, It finally worked. At the end I get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can't view the forums. look here: http://www.thewebmarket.net/forums/index.php