MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete Users with Fake Emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to delete fake users by meaning having fake emails,

its getting really annoying wheni do mass mails; i should of made it require the activation when i first made the forum, lol.

How can i do this easily?
Probably via phpMyAdmin, you can just scroll down through all your members and select each member with a 'fake' email address then delete them all at once.

Just make a backup first, and know that all their posts/threads/reputations/etc. will disappear too, if they have any.
As far as I know, you can't yet. I'm suggesting it for the next version of MyBB though.
ok thanks.
No problem. I might create a simple plugin where it has a box, you put the user's name in that box, click "Check" - and it gets their email, and checks if it's a real email - and if it's not - it'll give you the option to delete that user.
please do.
Like I said - I might. I might attempt it once my schedule frees up a bit.
You have already made a thread about this. No need at all to make it again.

(2008-12-31, 02:25 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Right now MyBB checks that the syntax of an email address is correct, but it doesn't know a real domain from a bogus domain. That requires an additional modification to check each domain which may be quite time consuming...