MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem In Last Post field (strange encoding)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello for all ..

i have a new problem with my Arabic Mybb Forum

the picture of problem in the attachments ..

plz give me the solution ,,,

i am waiting the experts
URL to your forum??
More specifically, http://forum.castle25.com

Anyway, I don't see the problem, but I think that's because there's meant to be an image there taking you to the last post. Right click the little square, and you should be able to find the path of the image it's trying to load... then make sure that image exists.
dear..

this is not an image .. this is a :

i don't know what is this .. but this is the problem ..

helo me plz
That isn't what your screenshot shows o.O

But it might be something to do with the language pack.
really this is your solution ?
hmmmmm .. good support
Well your screenshot shows one thing, a small box, and then you say it's showing a �, which is totally different, so which is it?? And when I visited the site, I didn't see what's in the screenshot, and I didn't see a �, everything looked perfectly ok.

View the forum with the English language and see if you see the error then.

Can you make a test account??
Hi,
As I found out once, there are a few checks to do:
1) Try the 'UTF-8 Conversion' in ACP -> Tools & Maintenance. Maybe some plugin (or modification) changed it or created a table with a different encoding and this is what your seeing.
2) Check if your language files ar coded as 'UTF-8 without BOM'
3) check if 'global.lang.php'/'forumdisplay.lang.php'/'showthread.lang.php' have some characters either in front of "<?php" or after "?>" signs - this happened in the Hebrew language files and created a lot of "small" errors/faults.

hope this helps,
Ori...