MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i ADD new Category?please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!!

I need help from anyone regarding putting up an additional category on my forum. I am just a beginner and this was my first project so I need anyone who has a lot of patient explaining to me how to do this.

Please help!! Shy

Thank you
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-43195.html

If you're only just starting, I highly recommend you use 1.4, 1.2 won't be supported for much longer.
yes i am using the latest version already. but when i tried to add some category, it didn't work. can you help me please?
Well then why did you post this in the 1.2 forum.

Can you be a bit clearer as to how it 'didn't work'?? We can't read minds.
oh

sorry

can we talk on yahoo messenger pls? jamaika_k05

Thank you
No, there's a reason for the support forum, and we're already here.

Can you be clearer as to how it isn't working??
im on 1.4 already. ok..

ok. what i did was successfully installed myBB. then i go to my admin cP and then go to Quick Access

* Add New Forum

then i create a new category, put up a title and and description then

set Parent Forum to none,

Display Order to 1

then click on save forum.

then after that is ask again on my ACP username and pass.

then redirect me back to the add new forum page. but when i check on my home page I saw no new category.

and one more sir, is there anyway I can set my admin account to just ask user and pass once only when I log in to my ACPanel or do I really have to retype my user and pass every time i have to change anything?
If you had said that straight away we could have saved a lot of time.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
that's why i showed to you how i did it so that you will have a picture on why it wasn't working for me. any suggestion?
Yes, read the thread I just gave a link to and you'll see how to fix it.
Pages: 1 2