MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to modify Cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you make a Cat it is linked to the forums in it Is there a way to remove that link Just have text there

Thxs Steve
So, just to make sure I'm understanding, using an example from these forums, you'd want 'MyBB 1.4 Series' or 'General Discussion' to not be clickable??
how would you use your forums, if you make all the links unclickable
I think he means just the category name itself won't be clickable, not the forums inside.
that part might be next Wink
(2009-01-10, 02:11 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]So, just to make sure I'm understanding, using an example from these forums, you'd want 'MyBB 1.4 Series' or 'General Discussion' to not be clickable??

Yes that is right I want it to be like a Heading
In forumbit_depth1_cat, find:

<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>

(about the 7th line down), and replace with this:

<div><strong>{$forum['name']}</strong>

Smile
Prefect

Last two questions will make it work the way I want it

When using a Forum there is a Description Box I do not want that to show I looked and can not see the line to remove

Lastly want to center the one you just told me how to do DO i just do this

<div><center><strong>{$forum['name']}</strong> </center>

I normaly can hard code BUT finding the code is hard sometimes
To remove the description, if you just remove the description you've given to it, it won't show.
I understand that BUT it createas a space and I have a lot of sub forums that have to go there

I wanted to remove that space to make it look like this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

I am in a related travel business

THXS