MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Main admin lost admin permissions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm having an issue with one of my user's sites (hosted on TopixCube). I recently imported them from their previous host and their database has an issue. Administrator accounts cannot seem to do any of the moderating functions (moving threads, closing topics, sticky topics, etc.) however admin users can log in to the Admin CP and everything in the Admin CP works as it should.

Any ideas on what to do to fix this or any SQL queries that I can run to fix this issue in the database?

The problem is only isolated to their board as I even tried it on their old board and the issue existed there so it's in the database...but where?
Tell them to make sure the showthread_moderationoptions template is default.
Thanks, resetting this template worked.
Hello,

I had a similar case, except the admin account was demoted to registered. Undecided

The only fix around this was a SQL query.

Is there any reasoning to why this happened?
It's a common issue, usually caused when people create a group promotion that affects 'all group', hence it affects admins, so they get demoted to whatever group the promotion sent users to.
(2009-01-11, 10:16 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]It's a common issue, usually caused when people create a group promotion that affects 'all group', hence it affects admins, so they get demoted to whatever group the promotion sent users to.

Thank you very much for that information, I didn't know that was a common issue.
No problem, at some point something will be implemented to try and prevent it happening.