MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username Style,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Under my Edit User Group settings, I have a box with a bit of code which decides the way certain usergroup names display. However, I'm not sure what sort of code and tags are being used to perform what function. Currently, I managed to change the colour of the name - but other things such as font size, boldness, italics are commands I can't locate. Similarly I don't know what colors exist for me to chose from.

Is there a guide for this that I'm missing somewhere?

If it helps, the forum is: http://dukeforums.com/
You mean like a hex chart full of colours?
I believe that Firefox has a plugin for it, I would link it, but I dont use it...So I can't really link it.

But Here! is a hex chart!
Also, if you want to use filters such as Glow, blur, invert, beware that only certain browsers can use these. Firefox can't use them, to my knowledge.

<span style="filter:glow;"></span>
Should make em glow red!

Can you tell me more of what YOU want, in what you want your users names to look like?
It's just HTML, if you want it bold you can use:
<strong></strong>
or
<b></b>

If you want it italic, you can use:
<em></em>
or
<i></i>
These are some that I have, take a look at how it's set out. Hopefully you'll be able to spot how it gets formatted.

Admin:
<span style="color: red;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>

Super Mod:
<span style="color: blue;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

Mod:
<span style="color: green;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

Banned:
<span style="color: black;"><s>{username}</s></span>

Basic colours can be typed by name, but you can indeed use a hex code to get any almost colour you want Smile