MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems installing MyBB with PHP 5 on IIS/XP Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Hopefully this is a pretty simple one Smile

I've just downloaded myBB install, and this is what I did:

Downloaded PHP5. Installed according to instructions, created a test PHP page, all good.
Downloaded MySQL, installed, used utilities to create a mybb_forum schema and mybb_user. From within the admin tool and query tool, no problems.
Downloaded MyBB installer, copied the contents of my "upload" directory to my inetpub\wwwroot\forums directory (where I'd like it), and ran the /install through the web browser.
Got confirmation everything is good with PHP.
Got to the database part, entered in all the credentials and all I get is a blank page afterwards. I "view source" reveals a blank document. Nothing has got created in the DB either.

Not sure what I've done wrong, or what other information you need, but any help would be appreciated Smile

Regards

Vasquez
Have you tried using different browsers and clearing all internet files (cache, cookies etc)?
Hey there,

I've done some more tracking down, and it appears that PHP isn't working with MySQL (php 5). If one does the simple call:

if(function_exists(mysql_connect))

well, it doesn't.

So I'm trying to track down why mysql isn't working from php...

Thanks,
I fixed guys, thanks. Dumb PHP install was shot. redid that, it's all good. Smile
Excellent... Welcome to MyBB!
woa, so it's compatible with php 5 now? last time i tried it kept giving me headaches
PR2 isn't fully compatible with MySQL 5. 1.0 release will be.
Quote:woa, so it's compatible with php 5 now? last time i tried it kept giving me headaches
However, in answer to that question, yes, it has been for some time now Wink
Can you install PHP onto a computer with Windows XP Home?
Of cores you can your going to have to download or apatch or can i recomend Xampp... it combines Apache, PHP, Mysql and alot of other stuff.
Pages: 1 2