MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Message Editor Lacks Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have updated to MyBB 1.4 and it seems the message editor (new posts and replies) lacks the nice GUI interface you guys have here.

Under the post icons it's just a blank text box with no buttons for using different codes, etc. Is there a setting to turn this on?

- D.Vader
Make sure you've fully uploaded the ./jscripts/ folder, and ./jscripts/editor_themes/ as it seems the editor isn't finding the right javascript files to create the icons.

Do you have a link to your forum?
I have fully replaced the jscripts directory with a fresh copy. I have checked what editor the mybb default theme is using. The problem comes in at the option for setting the editor theme and neither default or office 2007 seems to work. However when I load the page in a browser to post a thread it pops up with the code for the editor but no inline editor appears on the page.

I have however seen it work on one of my other themes using the office 2007 option. Any ideas?

Thanks
This also seems to be effecting the in post thread moderation. Nothing happens if you try to use the checkbox selection then the drop down menu below for moderation.
Browser??
doesn't work in any browser i have used. The one on the mybboard community site works fine in all browsers i have checked it in. So I can see it must be a problem with our theme or something. Where is a stock 1.4.4 copy of the mybb theme?? Maybe that might help.
You should have the default theme unless you deleted it.

Go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme > and you'll get the default theme again.
You know we setup a few themes with the older version. What are the directories for the ORIGINAL theme files? We probably need to do some house cleaning.
Just the ./images/ folder. All theme images should be in a new folder inside ./images/
OK did this and now I have Default (2) but no cool editor or inline moderation.

(2009-01-16, 03:20 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You should have the default theme unless you deleted it.

Go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme > and you'll get the default theme again.
Pages: 1 2 3