MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain Problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I have two domains and want to use two of them in one MyBB forum. But my cookies etc. are set for first domain and when I want to login from second domain I am havin' trouble Huh What can be done about this? Maybe a plugin can be made or anything else or general confuguration settings may become double an if anybody has two domains they can be set up for these domains seperately. Waiting for answer and solutions. I think this is very important Blush
How do you use two domains for one forum?

Your forum should have one name and be available under one domain, under one URL only. Otherwise it causes not only trouble with cookies but also trouble with search engines and others as well.

For two forums on the same domain, you can set a different cookie prefix for each of them.
(2009-01-13, 10:28 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]How do you use two domains for one forum?

Parked domains.

I did this once, from memory I left the cookie domain blank but had the path as what it should be, as that should be the same for both URLs.
Thanks. it seems it happened but there is logout problem on second domain Smile because of that when I click logout it goes to first and because of that I'm not logged in from first domain I can't logout. I hope I could say what I wanted to Smile