MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Un)subscribe this thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minor detail issue, ignore if it's not easy to fix:

I set up auto subscription to threads that I write or reply to in my User CP.

However when making a reply, the bottom link of the thread still says 'Subscribe to this thread', even though I'm already (automatically) subscribed to it. Only after a reload it changes to 'Unsubscribe from this thread'.

Is it possible to change so it shows the Unsubscribe link already the first time around? In general I want to be subscribed to threads I reply to always, but sometimes there is an exception where I want to reply but ignore any answers that may come (think Chit-Chat, Trash threads). And that's when I want to hit the unsubscribe link after replying, but right now it only works with an additional reload of the page.
It always shows correctly to me... if I'm subscibed I have the option to unsubscribe, and vice versa.
It shows correctly to me too, except for the first time it displays after the reply that caused the subscription.
Maybe a quick reply problem?
Sorry, delete this bug report. It only happens with quick reply (obvious since it doesnt reload the whole page usually), for some reason I thought it happened with normal replies too. -_-
Ohh I get you now, my bad. So you have it set to auto subscribe when you post (as do I) and when you post using QR it doesn't show you as subscribed. I wouldn't consider that a bug as such, as I don't suspect the ajax is meant to load that bit as well, but I don't know how easy it'd be to make it change that too...
There's quite a number of things the AJAX quick reply doesn't update, such as post counts in previous posts, locked status if you lock on quick reply etc... Gets a bit of a hassle to update everything without an entire page reload, so I'd say this would be a limitation.
Yeah. I only reported this because this particular feature irked me. I don't mind post counts etc. wrong, it's only the subscription that annoyed me.

Maybe we can move this to suggestions, and my suggestion would be: add a checkbox to the reply like this

[X] subscribe to this thread

which is default ticked if I set auto subscription in my user cp, and default not ticked when I don't have auto subscription. Then I can tick/untick it before every reply even when using quick reply. that'd probably be a bit easier to implement than advanced ajax update features, and it would be useful, well at least to me Smile
I'd have to agree with Yumi on this one