MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding users directly into the database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guyz and MyBB Dev Team,
I would like to integrate the powerful MyBB with my application. I need to register the users simultaneously on the main application as well as the forum.

I could figure out how the password, salt and loginkey in 'users' table are to be used. But when the members registered by such method try to login with the username-password, they get the error
Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You have entered an invalid username or password combination.

If you have forgotten your password please retrieve a new one.
You have 2 more login attempts.
Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.

Also, it is possible to post a new thread from a form on external site or one-level-up directory by submitting the POST data to the newthread.php script? I know this has something to do with the posthash key, but I could post a thread without a post hash a couple of times.

Can someone guide me please?
Thank you
-Rohan.
You could take a look at the member.php to see how MyBB registers a user. You'll see it uses ./inc/datahandlers/user.php...

You could also just force it into the database - by the sounds of things though, it might be that you've figured out the salt/password wrong?
Thanks Tom for your reply.

Yes, I have gone through the member and user files. I verified again that the password and salt combination are correct. I will check again though.
Just use this, it should fix it.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706

Their password may well be correct, but there's a bug with a new security feature, which is fixed in the file in the above link.