MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Design and login error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok. Forums here: www.thewebmarket.net/forums the theme is not working.

When I try to log in I get this error:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT loginattempts FROM mybb_users WHERE LOWER(username)='oops' LIMIT 1

How can I fix this ? Toungue
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Quote:This occurs when you are using MySQL and you attempt to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, after you upload all the new files, but do not run the upgrade script. In 1.4.4, a new column, 'loginattempts', was added to the users table for a new security feature. The error shows as the 1.4.4 member.php file is trying to find the 'loginattempts' column in a 1.4.3 database, where it doesn't exist. To fix this issue, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.2/1.4.3 from the list.

Or, you could be using a plugin that is designed for 1.4.4, when running 1.4.3 - which really you should have mentioned when you posted your problem. Make sure you have updated all the plugins, and make sure you've uploaded all the 1.4.4 files if you have recently upgraded.
I didn't updated my Mybb version. I just deleted the mybb tables from the database by mistake, and I updated the database with older tables from a older backup.
In which case, upload the ./install/ folder again from the main MyBB package, and go to ./install/upgrade.php, which will update the database to the current version. You seem to be using 1.4.4 with a 1.4.3 database, which is what's causing the problem.
Huge problem.

See, the older board was on the main directory, thewebmarket.net, but now i want it to be on /forums directory. It seems that now the links are for the main directory Sad
You also either have your board URL incorrect, theme image path wrong, or ./cache/ and/or ./cache/themes/ aren't CHMOD to 777, causing the theme issue.

Edit: For the problem you just posted, see this reply. You need to update the board URL setting.
You guys are genius. Thanks a lot !
Smile

You'll have to update your cookie settings too. Change the cookie path from / to /forums/
Done ! Thanks again !
Need the / on the end still Toungue