MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Can edit own attachments?" - What does it do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't figure out what this setting in Groups does: "Can edit own attachments?"

Users are still able to delete their attachments, so it must mean something else, but what?

Thanks.
I've always thought it meant giving them access to the 'Manage Attachments' section of the User CP. However if it isn't that, some testing is needed Toungue
Ah, I see. Smile

Thanks.
I could use some more information on this feature. I have had upset members delete their threads and attachments in the heat of the moment, pulling off good content. I removed all editing permissions and now I have a few members upset that they can't edit their posts. I had thought that I could select what they could edit and delete. But when I click just "Can edit own posts", people can also delete their attachments, even though "Can edit own attachments" is not checked ( or any of the other Edit/Delete options).

I also tried the Manage Attachments function in the User CP, and it worked even though "Can edit own attachments" is not checked.

Any help?
Thanks!
~Beth
That doesn't sound right... I will investigate, may be a bug.
(2010-05-01, 05:16 AM)beth Wrote: [ -> ]I removed all editing permissions and now I have a few members upset that they can't edit their posts.

Give them a time limit to edit posts, I only allow post editing for 60 minutes. That way they can't go back and delete older posts when they have a strop. Smile
Haha good thinking AJS. I might try that. ;]
(2010-05-01, 12:09 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-01, 05:16 AM)beth Wrote: [ -> ]I removed all editing permissions and now I have a few members upset that they can't edit their posts.

Give them a time limit to edit posts, I only allow post editing for 60 minutes. That way they can't go back and delete older posts when they have a strop. Smile

Thanks. I just found this feature after upgrading to myBB.1.4.13. Was it always there or was this new since myBB.1.4.9?
~Beth
(2010-05-25, 12:22 AM)beth Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I just found this feature after upgrading to myBB.1.4.13. Was it always there or was this new since myBB.1.4.9?
~Beth

It's been there since 1.4.8 at least, as that's the version I started on and I've always had it set up like that. Smile
It's been there since 1.4.0...
Pages: 1 2