MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Website Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
VERY few websites have integrated MyBB forums, right? Anyways, I am working frantically on integrating MyBB into my site. I just need a few more template edits.

First of all, subforums. The subforums of the categories are appearing unlike what I want, and I need to know which template to edit.

My other problem is different. I have a news and announcements forum. I want all threads in it to appear on my main site (i.e. in a template I might set with my name and avatar) and the posts by other users as comments. Is there a way to do that with MyBB?

I have seen very few websites with integrated website and forums, and none with integrated MyBB forums. Seems the most popular one is IP.Board or vBulletin.

I desperately need help, but mainly with the first problem.
Check out Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *expand your set* --> Forum Bit Templates --> forumbit_depth3
Thanks.

What about the news thing? How do you create a template to display a specific forum on your site instead of your forum?
ANYONE??? No one knows how to display content of a specified forum in a certain template off the forum. That is... weird.
BUMP, hope this helps.

I really need help with the following problems.

First off, I have a specific forum for news and announcements, as many might. I want every thread in that to appear on my website's homepage and the posts in it to be comments, displayed separately in the homepage.

My second new problem is that I need to change the template for the things in the board-closed. That means I want to change the template of what you see when you see the board being closed.

Thanks, anyone who can manage to help me. The second problem, though very minor, may be much easier.
Another problem has now arisen.

I am now to try to change the color of some things, for example the text at the top that says like "[bbname] / Forum / Something" because it doesn't show up well with my black style.
Hello? Anyone to help solve my problems???

My current problem is displaying the news and announcements thing. I solved the others thanks to the awesome customization levels in MyBB.