MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Started a new Mybb forum.. :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bah, with all due respect I haven't had time to set everything up, configure everything and customize it. I set it up with the bare basics for the time being until I can dive into it and mess around.

I had just set the forum up when I posted this thread, I haven't had much time to work on it since. I have other forums hosted on my domain I tend to as well, I have other software also residing on the domain that requires maintenance when I can get it done with my busy schedule.

Please be a bit more considerate instead of just jumping at things without knowing the full reasons behind it..

As for the topic, who gives a care? It's something I enjoy discussing as well as many other people. Sure it isn't original, but where are you going to find originality on the internet nowadays?

It's all about content, if your forum is like many others out there covering similar topics you need to build content and find something the other forums aren't doing or covering, then try it out and stick with it. Anything other competing forums don't cover can help draw in visitors and new members to your forum from other similar forums if they can't get it anywhere else.

You may even know some tricks that other forums don't know to help bring in traffic, with hopefully new registrations and increased activity.

Sure it's not much right now, but with any forum the best course of action is to start small, work on it and work your way up. Once I have time to work on things, then there will be more to it than there currently is.

As for the logo, if any one of you want to offer to create a logo, please be my guest. I am absolutely horrible when it comes to image creation and manipulation. You may want to consider that not everyone is as "Excelled" as you are in these areas.

Even if you think your idea or topic of interest is original, it is likely someone already thought of it before you.

I would of responded to this thread sooner, but because of my hectic schedule I haven't visited in a while to post or respond to anything.
Well people want creativity on the forums, and the default is not really being creative... Try the themes section.
I was planning on making a theme anyway, it would be different if I had the time in the past. Now that I have the time I can work on things a bit slowly, but I am going to struggle myself trying to create a decent logo/banner.

Editing theme images are relatively simple, the only complex parts I can see having trouble with is creating images from scratch and editing the html/css of the theme.

I also have to work with what I got, since I can't afford Photoshop, I have to settle for Paint.net and Gimp.

The goal is to completely customize everything myself, seeking help on the things I have trouble with. I don't feel I should just slap a theme on right away, when time permits I'll choose a suitable theme even if I have to create it myself. I choose to actually ask others what they prefer or what looks good rather than just making changes without consulting staff or other members.

I tried to install FirefoxWiz's BlueFusion and Sharepoint theme, but for some reason they don't work right on Mybb 1.4.5. It seems Mybbthemes is going through a bit of a conflict according to posts over there and doesn't seem as busy as in the past, and these themes haven't been upgraded to work with anything higher than Mybb 1.4.2.
Pages: 1 2