MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Started a new Mybb forum.. :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just started a new Mybb forum and am working on customizing it a bit. It's a media and entertainment forum and covers all forms of entertainment not just limited to Movies, Music, and Television.

It's a place where people can come and gather to discuss folklore and different forms of entertainment specific to different cultures. Other forms of entertainment such books, plays, novels and games can be discussed in our laid back community.
maybe change the theme a bit..using the default theme is ....Dodgy
Default theme, bad logo, boring and overdone subject ... you may want to rethink this.
Default = Light colours, Easy to use

I would actually say change the logo.. Other than that, the default theme is ok, i don't know why so many people are against it.
(2009-01-17, 12:30 PM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]Other than that, the default theme is ok, i don't know why so many people are against it.

It suggests a lack of effort and originality. Looking at his forum now, everything there couldn't have taken longer than ten minutes to set up.
Why would you want to take any longer?

When i start my new forum, ill install the software (vBulletin) and keep the default theme, and change the logo. Why waste time looking for a theme, that other users may not like...

Start of with the default, and ask the members would they prefer another... No point putting one on they don't like is there?
(2009-01-17, 01:28 PM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you want to take any longer?

So that you actually have something interesting to show when your website goes live, as opposed to a bunch of empty forums and a default theme.
So Bey Brad, you install a theme, before you open your site... What if the public hate it? Thats why you ASK the members if they prefer another or give them a choice.
(2009-01-19, 02:51 AM)JohnMac Wrote: [ -> ]So Bey Brad, you install a theme, before you open your site... What if the public hate it? Thats why you ASK the members if they prefer another or give them a choice.

I have enough confidence in my decisions to make them. I also obviously bounce ideas off other people before making them public. If you want to keep hounding me, feel free to PM me and stop derailing threads.
Get a new theme. Please. Smile
Pages: 1 2