MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin control panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i was always wondering what code the admin control panel was written in
PHP, MySQL, (X)HTML, JavaScript, CSS. We also use XML, and mod_rewrite for some other things.
o, that's cool, soon ill be going to school for computer science
(2009-01-14, 10:05 PM)Proper Wrote: [ -> ]o, that's cool, soon ill be going to school for computer science

If you plan on learning how to develop from your required computer science courses, I don't suggest it at all. They'll teach you bad habits, and since most of the instructors are fairly old, they don't care about learning about the new stuff. So go for the degree just for the degree, unless you're planning on utilizing the degree for computer hardware.
Best Regards.
(2009-01-15, 12:48 AM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-14, 10:05 PM)Proper Wrote: [ -> ]o, that's cool, soon ill be going to school for computer science

If you plan on learning how to develop from your required computer science courses, I don't suggest it at all. They'll teach you bad habits, and since most of the instructors are fairly old, they don't care about learning about the new stuff. So go for the degree just for the degree, unless you're planning on utilizing the degree for computer hardware.
Best Regards.
It's a shame my school only teaches Microsoft C/C++/Visual coursesSad I'd love to pwn them in teaching PHP/MySQL/JavaScript:p
Where do you use XML in the Mybb Admin Control Panel?
(2009-01-15, 03:30 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you use XML in the Mybb Admin Control Panel?
The templates, I think.
Oh, Thanks for clearing that up for me Tom.
(2009-01-15, 03:30 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you use XML in the Mybb Admin Control Panel?

We also use XML for installation stuff (settings.xml, tasks.xml, etc)
Oh that makes much more sence.
Pages: 1 2 3