MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMOD not working !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to CHMOD a folder to 666/777 on upload/avatar, but it`s not changing the permission.

what to do ?

Is there any option I can Install without this ? I mean I don`t think I need the upload feature itself , lol Smile
go to file manager, select teh file and press "Change Permissions". changing the numbers at the bottom won't work. you need to change the check marks until the numbers are in 777 or watever you want to CHMOD.

hope that helps
Well I changed it but while installing it says

Quote:Error

The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

* The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
You need uploads folder to be 777 and avatars folder to be 666 if you have Linux server.
well theres a folder called uploads, and inside it another one called avatars. you need to CHMOD both folders so they are writable.
tHANKS IT`S WROKING NOW Smile
CraKteR Wrote:You need uploads folder to be 777 and avatars folder to be 666 if you have Linux server.

Both folders should be 777