MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem installing (COMPLETLY)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, well.... I can't figure out what to do, they say to use FTP? I don't know how and I even clicked on using FTP in the wiki and it doesn't explain anything for FTP just gives me downloads. I've hosted websites with my web server and such, but I can't seem to get MyBB to start working for me... I need a better tutorial with maybe pictures or something.. Sorry to be so buggy, but I need to figure this out..

Huh
ok, all you do is download the mybb package from here, then open your FTP, filezilla for example then whatever folder your host provides, public_html, www, hotdocs, for example you upload all the contents of the upload folder which is in the mybb package to public_html hotdocs www, then once thats done, you CHMOD go here http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php
CHMOD_Files do learn how to do CHMOD the files properly.

o and i would download filezilla and ill explain how to use that if you download it or have it.
Well, my computer is ****ed up... So, I can't do much, so I guess I have to buy a new one and follow ALL of this again. Even though I've done this before and it didn't work at all.. But thanks for trying to help me..
ok, and no swearing please
[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

You'll need to ask your host how to use FTP if you're unsure.