MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some advice please for google Adsense implementation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I've used the search to no avail so far.

Could someone experienced upon the subject of Google Adsense please advise me now?

I would like to add Adsense to mybb forum, which is right here: http://www.TheMoneyForum.org

Now, for the best possible returns, first can I ask for your advice on where you think that the Adsense ads should go on this forum for the possible click through rates?

Second, how do I implement this please?

Please provide very simple step by step instructions, telling me exactly what I need to do, where should I click, in what order so that this can be carried out as painlessly as possible in the most optimum time.

If you can assist with this, your help would be very much appreciated.

Please remember to provide FULL instructions to keep this as simple as possible! (Literally step by step is very important!)

Many thanks and best regards.

Mark - TheMoneyForum.org
(2009-01-15, 03:24 AM)TheMoneyForum Wrote: [ -> ]Second, how do I implement this please?

Please provide very simple step by step instructions, telling me exactly what I need to do, where should I click, in what order so that this can be carried out as painlessly as possible in the most optimum time.

If you can assist with this, your help would be very much appreciated.

You asked how to implement them, I told you how to implement them. How me giving you links on how to implement them after you asked how to implement them doesn't answer you question, I don't know.
(2009-01-15, 03:13 PM)TheMoneyForum Wrote: [ -> ]Let's dangle a carrot and see if that helps.

What's that meant to mean??

(2009-01-15, 03:13 PM)TheMoneyForum Wrote: [ -> ]How much is it going to cost me for someone here to implement the best ad plugin onto my forum

You can implement the plugin yourself, the readme that it comes with should explain how to install it and set it up. It's up to you to decide which is the 'best' one - what I or anyone else considers to be the best may not be what you consider to be the best.
They're inside the download packages. Do you really want me to paste the contents of all of the readme files in here?? These are plugins, so you upload the files, activate in the ACP, and configure the settings, the same as every other plugin.
I think the 4 I gave you a link to all consist of just one file, so you want to pay someone to upload one file and set a few settings?? Confused I think labrocca's plugin is the best, but, as I said above, that doesn't mean you'll think it's the best.
o.O

Ok, really spell it out for me so I'll understand you.

What exactly do you want to be told how to do.
1. Download a plugin.
2. Unzip it.
3. Upload the file.
4. Activate it in ACP.
5. Go to Google Adsense.
6. Create an ad.
7. Get code.
8. Add code to settings.
9. Change any other settings that there are, maybe location.
10. Save

That's all there is to it.

You have to also remember that if we really spell out things in the most simple way possible, some people will think we're insulting their intelligence and thinking we're treating them like idiots. We can't win. Be too technical, it needs to be simpler, be too simple, people claim we're insulting them.

The placing of ads depends on who will be viewing the forum, how invasive you want to be, whether you want them to be tucked away or in clear view, whether you want text, images, animated ads, whether you want to hide them for specific groups, loads of things. Experimenting on your forum will usually get you the ebst results.....

And I hardly think I have derailed as I have said nothing but how to implement them, i.e., a plugin.

You're also the first person to complain at how a question is answered from what I can remember.
Find me a user on the team who starts all their posts with this:

Hello (name), my name is (name) and I will be helping you today. I see you are having a problem with (problem) and today I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

And so on. I don't think you'll find one.

Most people who have a problem, want a quick solution. We say what's wrong, and how to fix it. I hate it when I ask a simple question and get a huge long reply which could have been put in one or two sentences, and I know I'm not the only one.
(2009-01-16, 03:20 AM)TheMoneyForum Wrote: [ -> ]Matt, just forget it.

By far and away, I've found you to be the one of the rudest customer support staff ever.

No point in ever coming here again, asking for assistance.

I know that now.

It's great software, really, really good with the lousiest customer support ever, that for me sums it up.

Argue all you like, that's my opinion.

If you had just been more polite from the start, I may have gone away with a different impression.

Nods curtly, turns on his heel, leaves.
I'm not trying to start an argument, but how is he being rude? Matt's one of the fastest answerer of most of the threads, and one of the nicest and curtious people I know. He was just saying that he wants people to just tell him what their problem is, which is all we ask from you, the users.

Kind Regards,
TomL
Pages: 1 2