MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows server running IIS ? ? ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if its my lack of knowledge on windows servers with IIS or just me being stupid.

I have managed to change the permissions on the files indicated in the documentation. I then input the correct DB settings in the installation script. Then click next and all I was faced with is a blank page. I then checked the MyBB folder for a error log file(would be a great idea) to no avail, so I asked my host to enable php error messages and error logging. I am now faced with the php error that follows :
"Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\...\inc\class_core.php on line 196"
The above error shows on every page of the installation and there is nothing in the server error logs.

Is there anyone that can help me pretty please Smile

I would hate to have to go with a nasty impersonation of a forum/bulletin board :p

Regards,

DefecTalisman
Just an update, I just tried to comment out the above lines (line 196). As this would be the first thing I always say people should try before asking for help :s
It has done the obvious, stopped the error. But the blank page still remains Sad

I have also just noticed that my host is only running php version 4.3.6 :o
( please note this host was not my choice, I personally use x10Hosting for all my hosting requirements Smile )
Weird error you're getting, especially considering we disable/suppress Notice level errors before class_core is loaded, and the $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] _should_ be set before any PHP starts executing.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say an issue with the PHP setup. As for the blank pages, one could only guess there may be an issue with putting stuff into the database.
Sorry for the late reply. I did what I should have done to begin with and read around these posts a little. Found it was the DB encoding. I gippoed to none and all seems to be going great.
Sorry for wasting peoples time and thank you for the effort made Smile

Regards,

Ryan