MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Spiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Plugin: Add Spiders

Description: Add 80+ Spiders to the data base. By default the spiders are added to the "guest" group, you have to edit manually if you want to add them to a different group.

How to install: Copy provided file in /inc/plugins folder

Please, let me know what other spiders you will like to see added to this plugin.
Please, let me know if you find any bugs - here or by PM.
Enjoy!
Download: Add Spiders
Quote:By default the spiders are added to the "guest" group, you have to edit manually if you want to add them to a different group

can you exaplin what is differance guest to usergroup ....
I dont understand, but again if i only have a few spiders by default this will add 80 more to the same place where the other MYBB default ones are Huh
"guests" is one of the user groups. And the difference are the settings that you chose for different groups.
For second question. Yes this will add 80 more spiders to your database. This way you will be able to see what spiders are crawling your site and also by adding them to different groups you can control what to crawl.
ok thanks for getting back quickly but i havent played around with groups yet

im the admin and all the users are users that registered

so i dont have to mess around with anything ?
(2009-01-16, 03:28 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]ok thanks for getting back quickly but i havent played around with groups yet

im the admin and all the users are users that registered

so i dont have to mess around with anything ?

Normally "guest" should be OK for spiders. If you want them to see something else that can be seen only by registered members or another special group, you should add the spiders to that group.
I have a special "bot" group for them, and some I add to that group some to the banned group and most of them to the guest group.
But the default setting should be OK when you will see who is eating your bandwidth, or who is trying to access places where they shouldn't go, then you can change the settings for that spiders.
i cant down load the plugin . even tried to register and download it was not possible Sad
Could you add this file as attachment here in mybb forums?

it´s needed to register in your Forum to download your plugin

thank you
i just registered in the forum still i am not able to download Sad i did not get any activation code please help me out
Thanx for plugin,
But plzz insert its attchement in to here
(2009-01-16, 09:25 AM)ancraz Wrote: [ -> ]i just registered in the forum still i am not able to download Sad i did not get any activation code please help me out
You don't need an activation code.
The registration process is to avoid spammers, this is the only reason for it.

PS. Sorry it was requesting activation. Now you don't need to wait for the code. I set up the board for instant activation.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Pages: 1 2 3