MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Dev] New Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just postin my new style soon to be finished just need to make some new button's and add a few things and do some testing on it.

So far i have added rounded borders and a animated jquery drop down menu
probaly gonna change what it look's like abit more as it develps but just postin a preview of it now to see if there's anything i could change or how it looks C+C's welcome.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9255/newstyletw4.png

Edit: Can i mod move this to the showcase section just realised where i posted it Big Grin
WOW! I like that theme a lot! The quick links feature is cool. Great theme my friend, keep up the good work!
I like itSmile Which is surprising, since I'm hard to please:p I love the Quick Links drop-down menu. Maybe move the "Welcome, user!" to the right of the picture though, and replace the picture with the user's avatar? Other than that though, I <3 it!
I'd love to have some sort of quick links on my forum. How do you go about doing this? Perfectibility with AJAX?
(2009-01-15, 10:10 PM)kruzzen Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to have some sort of quick links on my forum. How do you go about doing this? Perfectibility with AJAX?
I'm assuming they adapted the currently used prototype library to make the functionality, and relatively position menus - not sure though.
(2009-01-15, 10:05 PM)kruzzen Wrote: [ -> ]WOW! I like that theme a lot! The quick links feature is cool. Great theme my friend, keep up the good work!

Thanks i actually got the idea from Dark-mews vB themes but mines all built into the actual templates so no extra files needed for it too work.

(2009-01-15, 10:07 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I like itSmile Which is surprising, since I'm hard to please:p I love the Quick Links drop-down menu. Maybe move the "Welcome, user!" to the right of the picture though, and replace the picture with the user's avatar? Other than that though, I <3 it!

lol Big Grin Thanks, about the avatar bit is there a template variable to add it to the header cause i know in some other free forum software you had to pull from the core php code which was impossible.

(2009-01-15, 10:10 PM)kruzzen Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to have some sort of quick links on my forum. How do you go about doing this? Perfectibility with AJAX?

I used jquery but have just scrapped that one because it didnt work properly in opera for some reason looked all messed up when scrolling down
so now its just the chrome menu from dynamicdrive using JS with a onclick function still with a cool scroll down animation.
(2009-01-16, 01:23 AM)Doobie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-15, 10:07 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I like itSmile Which is surprising, since I'm hard to please:p I love the Quick Links drop-down menu. Maybe move the "Welcome, user!" to the right of the picture though, and replace the picture with the user's avatar? Other than that though, I <3 it!
lol Big Grin Thanks, about the avatar bit is there a template variable to add it to the header cause i know in some other free forum software you had to pull from the core php code which was impossible.
Yeah. Look in the header_welcomeblock_user, and the variable should be in there. Simply copy+paste it from there and paste it wherever you want it to be displayed.
I just have links for search an stuff nothing for a users avatar in any header file.
I'll look into it and get back to you.
i've been fidddling about with a way to get the users avatar in the header ..give me a shout out if you need help Wink