MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I post my thread here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In order to set aside a place for our plugin & modification developers, we have decided to make this forum a moderated forum. This means that before your thread shows up, it must be approved by a moderator. Alternatively you may "request" your existing thread to be moved into this forum. Here's how you can get your thread in this forum:

1) Create a new thread here
2) Wait for a moderator to approve it. It may take up to 5 days for your submission to be reviewed and approved. If your submission has not been approved after this time it does not mean your submission has been rejected, it simply means we are busy, if your submission has been reviewed and rejected you will be notified.

Criteria:
1) The thread must be created by the original author of the modification
2) The author must be able to provide active support for the plugins or modifications, and keep them up-to-date with MyBB releases.
3) Your thread must be written in English. Threads not in English may not be approved.
4) Your plugin must be freely available and also available on the Official MyBB Mods Site.
5) Your plugin must not send any data back to the author, such as an activation notification or log, unless users are presented with a notice when the plugin is installed or activated, and are able to disable this functionality.

Thank you for your continued support!

MyBB Staff

Note: This thread is subject to change
After noticing many threads awaiting moderation I'd like to say that if and when your thread hasn't appeared after 48 hours then please feel free to create a thread in Private Inquiries.
Otherwise what tends to happen is that there is a massive backlog of threads when we actually remember to check.
Due to the sheer number of people not following these instructions, I'm reaffirming one rule and adding another one.

For your thread to be approved, your submission must be available on the MyBB Mods site. If you have not submitted it here, and the download is just in the post, or in an external location, your thread will not be approved.

Furthermore, because of this, it makes sense to wait until your submission is approved and available on the Mods site before creating your thread. Otherwise, your thread will have no download link, so there wouldn't be much point in us approving it. If you make the thread after the plugin is available on the Mods site, you will be able to put the download link in to the already validated submission straight away.
Please note the following new additional requirement for plugins on the mods site:
Quote:5) Your plugin must not send any data back to the author, such as an activation notification or log, unless users are presented with a notice when the plugin is installed or activated, and are able to disable this functionality.