MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with my site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything seemed to go well according to the install dialogs but I end up with the attached 'theme'. Huh

Any ideas on what has gone wrong?

Thanks
[img][Image: unavngivethk3.th.png][/img]

Name of my site is : Gamefreakers
Any more info you need, post it
Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777. Also make sure your board URL is correct.
You need to go into your file manager, and make sure the folders ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777. You wouldn't have been able to get through the installation process if this wasn't correct, though... what's the URL to your forum??
(2009-01-15, 06:15 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You need to go into your file manager, and make sure the folders ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777. You wouldn't have been able to get through the installation process if this wasn't correct, though... what's the URL to your forum??

http://www.gamefreakers.com
but when you/i try to connect with that, it doesnt find anything Confused
and when i was in the install i writed www.gamefreakers.com
when it wanted the board url, i got apache on, i use Xampp
Well then the board URL is the problem. You can't install it on XAMPP and just put the URL as something else, doesn't quite work like that. You're hosting this on your localhost, on your computer, so the board URL setting needs to be http://localhost
If you want the domain to work properly, I suggest purchasing hosting.
or just use a free hosting something along like

www.000webhost.com

there are other free web hosting sites but that's the only one I experienced that didn't have many screw ups compared to others...
I have heard nothing good at all about 000webhost Confused
I had this problem as well, and once I figured it out, I slapped myself in the head. It is 777 for ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/

However, I followed your instructions too much, and did the following as said in the install doc.

Quote:CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).

./inc/settings.php
./uploads
./uploads/avatars
./cache
./cache/themes
We're working on making sure the documentation is up to date.