MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little help, few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So im still beginer at Mybb so im little confused and so on...
So i need i little help
im holding a psp site....

1. User groups
here im realy confused....
I wanna have usergroups like:
-administrators
-super moderators
-elite member
-advanced member

here its not the problem yet...becouse i wanna have like this(example on elite member):
if u wanna be an elite member you must have for example 750 posts and 300 reputation points.I just know about how many posts the user needs but what about reputations? And i realy dont know how to set up that options. Is it possible?

and i also wanna have user ranks(not user groups or user titles)
for example:
-news poster
-donator

so i wanna have option, so im gonna set up some member as a newsposter. So members can get 1 user rank just if i think he deserve it. So i will add it for example as a news poster.
So 1 member would have 1 user rank( example: news poster) and in 1 usergroup(example elite member).

I hope u guys understand what i mean about these user groups and their ranks.

2. Reputation
MyBB supports reputation system, but how to set up, so you can add reputation in the users postbit, just by the click on little image "+rep"?

3. Is it possible to add Youtube tag?If yes how?
Is it possible to change the desing of the current qoute tag?
And i just found 1 thread to download some spoiler. But it says spoiler 2, is there some previous version of spoiler already?

4. Some features for the shoutbox?
like the vb shoutbox has:
- ban user from the shoutbox
- every (registered) user in shoutbox can change the font of the text, color and bold etc.
- to add the smilies option; so you can click on the "smilies" button in the shoutbox and it display smilies
- moderators, supermoderators and administrators can add a shoutbox notice for all members

5. Top 5 Stats
a little box under the shoutbox called "Top 5 Stats", which contains "Top Posters", "Latest Members" and "Latest Replies". So it can refresh by itself every 10 seconds.
Ipb has this "Top 5 Stats" box, is it possible to have it on MyBB?

Help please!
Im sorry for asking to much, but i specialy wanna have these things.
And im sorry if this isnt the right forum to post.

Thanks in advance,
all the best,
taddy1449
1. You can set up a group promotion in ACP > Users & Groups > Group Promotions. Also see ACP > Users & Groups > User Titles.

2. There's a thread around here somewhere that shows you how to do that.

3. You can have a youtube tag with a plugin or you can make your own. You can edit the CSS that shows quotes, yes. And there probably is more than one spoiler plugin.

4. I guess you'd have to ask the actual shoutbox authors for new features.

5. http://mods.mybboard.net/view/overview-for-mybb-14x
Thanks for the anwsers MattR. I aprriciate! Smile