MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What server you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
True.
I did not think about that.
I just use XAMPP for localhost testing. As for the server my sites on, I couldn't tell you.
FreeBSD, Apache, Mysql, and PHP. That's pretty much it.

XAMPP is something I use for localhost testing on my Windows system.
(2009-02-05, 08:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]...Apache, Mysql, and PHP...

I never could get them to install and work properlyConfused
Really? When I installed them they just worked out of the box. I use it for localhost testing and MyBB theme creation, and that's more or less what my host uses, so I know anything I do locally will work there too.
(2009-02-05, 08:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]FreeBSD, Apache, Mysql, and PHP. That's pretty much it.

XAMPP is something I use for localhost testing on my Windows system.

Same, except switch FreeBSD with Fedora Redhat.
(2009-01-16, 04:39 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-16, 12:43 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]That is kinda cool.
They should really collect solar power for server areas though.

The property taxes would be HUGE considering how many miles of solar panel you'd need to power a datacenter.

As for this thread... it's worthless considering the OP appears to have very little knowledge about web servers considering he only listed 2 options in his poll (and not even the 2 most popular). Rolleyes
Solar power is bit expensive and hard to use.. If there is plenty of sunshine available you can use it to maximum effect..
LAMP (Ubuntu, Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl)
I have a localhost setup with XAMPP but never use, I find it easier to just run a sub-directory off one on my sites and do everything on there.
I pretty much use a LNMP setup, cause you gotta love nginx.
Pages: 1 2 3