MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quicker Login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does the Login have to redirect to another page, which then redirects to another, seems like a hell lota time to waste, since we could login with Ajax or something? when we dont even need a redirect!
It does. The login box opens in the same page in 1.4, and if you turn off friendly redirect pages, it just loads the page again with you logged in.
There are also technical reasons:

1) It's pretty much bloat to implement some ajax thing like that. There are too many parts in the html to update including the header and the header is one of the most modified things in MyBB
2) In the code we have to refresh the session variable, set cookies, and do a bunch of other stuff.

I really don't seen why you need it to be any quicker.
Ah ok, i gotcha now, I think that i will Follow MattR's explanation, friendly redirect off, are there any downsides to this?
They just don't get the friendly redirect message.....
(2009-01-21, 05:33 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]They just don't get the friendly redirect message.....

to this day i do not understand the function of these pages
(2009-01-22, 10:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-21, 05:33 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]They just don't get the friendly redirect message.....

to this day i do not understand the function of these pages

To inform you if the action you just selected happened correctly and to create a processing gap between page loads
Well i turned them off, and i cant login now, it just refreshes the page and i dont get logged in, although if i enter the wrong information it gives me an error.
(before i did this i also activated seo friendly urls & made the .htaccess file and yes, this was working fine)

Edit 1: I wiped my cookies to test out the no-friendly page thing, as the logout wouldnt work after i de-activated the friendly page!

Edit 2: I restored the settings through the settings.php and i still cant login :/ so it must be cookies?
And they worked before? and my settings are fine
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".localhost";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/projects/world/forum/";

Edit 3: I tryed 3 browsers, so its something with mybb :?
On localhost you set the cookiedomain to nothing
Thanks *slaps self*