MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: moving to 1.4.4 in new server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a 1.4.3 setup in one server and i need to move to another server. I got the DB backup of the current forum.

I wish to know if I install 1.4.4 in the new server and restore the DB will it work or should I install 1.4.3 in the new server and then upgrade to 1.4.4?

Thanks in advance.
(2009-01-16, 01:43 PM)sunethj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a 1.4.3 setup in one server and i need to move to another server. I got the DB backup of the current forum.

I wish to know if I install 1.4.4 in the new server and restore the DB will it work or should I install 1.4.3 in the new server and then upgrade to 1.4.4?

Thanks in advance.

The best thing is that you should move all your existing files to new server, restore the db and then upgrade to MyBB 1.4.4. Also, deactivate the plugins before making DB backup and transfer to the new server.
You don't need to deactivate plugins..... first, just make a full backup, download all your files, upload them to the new host, upload the backup to the new database, and edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database. Then you can see if everything transferred ok. Then upload the 1.4.4 changed files pack, and run the upgrade script.
the moving process is the simplest if your old host offers ssh(secure shell) which gives you the possibility to remotely move both the files and databases to the new server