MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Business 10Gbps Ethernet line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone here runs a 10Gbps Ethernet line for their business. I know Chris Boulton works at Interspire so they might be running something similar. My concern is the price, so that's what I was wondering. If anyone has any price quotes from what you run or your company runs it would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I know I can give At&t a call to get the quote, I just don't want them bugging me like most others do.
Best Regards.
I use monkeys to carry 1's and 0's back and forth :p
The reason I'll be needing such line is for a set of servers, and of course huge traffic. I'll probably go with their 100Mbps (I think they had a 600Mbps as well) in the beginning to see if things go well. However, if the price for the 10Gbps looks good I can just go for that.
10Gbps connections are very rare (and probably virtually non-existent in Australia which has a crappy internet infrastructure). A true 1Gbps unmetered, unshared line in the US would probably exceed a few thousand USD per month, but that's my guess. A 10Gbps line is probably a lot more. Hope that helps.
I just did a quick look-up at a local datacenter that has the best pricing I can find for bandwidth and it's $1800/m for 100 Mbps commit on 1Gbps port. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the price quotes guys. Smile
Prolly cheaper for you to do colo, especially if you live in Australia.