MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding news feeds and other similar stuff....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I tried doing a search first but did not find anything, so I apologize if there is stuff on this already.

Ideally, I would like to add a scrolling news feed to my forum that displays current headlines from CNN, the BBC, AP, etc. The focus is on World and National news. How simple is it to set up on the forum?

Also, since my forum focuses on Travel, I would like to be able to add some kind of feed (or at least an efficient way to add factual/practical info specific to each destination) that displays current/practical info on each destination. I already 'stickied' links to their wiki pages and embassies. Suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks again all!, I hope your year so far is going well Wink
The easyest way would probably be to use labrocca's side bar plugin then paste your Javascript RSS ticker code into the custom box in the side bar. Look on dynamic drive for an RSS ticker script.
(2009-01-17, 04:07 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]The easyest way would probably be to use labrocca's side bar plugin then paste your Javascript RSS ticker code into the custom box in the side bar. Look on dynamic drive for an RSS ticker script.

Thanks Tim! Nice forum by the way! I done my share for Mountain Biking!!

I especially like doing it in Lake Tahoe, CA. It must be a blast to do it in OZ. What are the trails like? I once did it in Chiang Rai, Thailand - very scenic - decent trails.

By the way, I am assuming if I go your route with the RSS, I would have to go through my FTP client, right?