MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NexisForum - Free MyBB Host [Website Uploaded]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The BETA version of programming for NexisForum.com is officially released.

New Website Uploaded!

Some features include:
  • Unlimited bandwidth & storage
  • Free Subdomain (subdomain.nexisforum.com)
  • Live Customer Support & Support Forums
  • Minimal ads, $5 one time fee to remove
  • Unlimited backups, $8 one time fee
  • Many themes & plugins
  • Access to HTML sections, so you can add your own mods
  • Much, much more
Because we are still in the BETA stages, I am interested in getting some users to test out the forums for me, and work out any bugs. If interested, you can setup a free forum at http://nexisforum.com/forumsetup/create.
For development, and to test out the backups system, I'll enable backups on your forum. You can PM me on here, or email me.

Thanks for testing it out guys. Big Grin
You list your features here, and that's great.
But I will just pass on this one! Maybe add a feature list to your site?
Actually, I suggest a total revamp of the home page, more links!

I mean, c'mon! You've only got an image with a BG and two links!
Don't you think you should have a better home page that actually has a nice flow and feel to it?
I mean, its almost like leaving your users in the dark, with the exception of support, you don't list anything on your site, so how will they know what they are getting?
And do you think they will use your services when they find out you charge for backups?
Only one would be required to move away, and even then, I feel its a waste of consumer money!

And maybe make your own support forum theme?

EDIT: And $8 (USD) for unlimited backups when I can get em free? No thanks!
I can see why you would want $5 (USD) for ad removal though.
I mean, why any money in the first place? You aim to be a free host, yet you have things you want your users to pay for, that they could get for free from the software, if they just paid the hosting them selves, free or charged!

-Free backups
-No ads, OR their own Adsense /Ads script.
If they just host themselves that's what they can get!
And you might be in deep if some ones board gets injected, and they don't have a back-up, because you charge for it. They could just get payed hosting if they have the eight bucks to pay that off with.

To me that's just a turn down. Just my opinion, don't take it to the point of flaming or yelling at me.

And why should this be in beta stages? Shouldn't you as the administrator test your software and services, before releasing it to the public?

Also, why not a more unique name? Your a forum host, yet you have the word "forums" in your URL? Why?
What has happened to creativity?

Why should we use your hosting service for a free MyBB board, when some free mybb hosts give for free, of what you charge?
What marketing audience are you targeting?

Also you say "Live customer support & support forums" I don't see a number to call, or an IRC chat.
So why not change that sentence to something else?

ONCE AGAIN! This is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: I see you have re-designed your site since I last visited.
It looks MUCH better than it did before!
can't believe i'm saying this but i agree with clair on just about every count

i might also add it looks like i'm signing up for a 1994 online space rpg
The geek in me loves the graphics... but that's about as far as it goes. It's a shame because if you focused your site design around the graphics it would be a killer theme.
i was wondering why you would choose that particular theme for a forum host.i mean any user who visits your site may think its a sci-fi site :|
Lol...well, you are all very correct on all accounts.

I enjoy such criticisms...they can only lead to improvement.

First of all, I don't have my website really uploaded...I was just opening this up so that I could get some people to test out the programming for the forum create script and such...so I can be sure that all bugs are worked out and such...

The few pages that I have uploaded are only there to serve as a means for the script to be tested.

Also, I am working on creating my own theme for the support forums, it just isn't finished yet. As I said, I had only meant for this to be used as development for now...because, you are quite correct, I am not ready for really an official public release...which is why this is just Beta. Obviously, I have tested my services and software several times over, however, my tests cannot compare to others' user input.

As is probably obvious to you, I am not that experienced in this area and will need to work on improving. In my mind, the best way of improving is trial and error.

As for the name, NexisForum, I quite like it actually...and I guess...you may not think it's all that creative...and maybe not...but then, I'm not very creative. It'll have to do.

Paying for backups and ad removal may be unfair and contrary to the fact that it is a "free host", however, I really have no intention on changing this. The prices may very before it's out of Beta, but that's likely to be all.

If you have any other ideas or comments, please keep posting, as my goal is always to improve my services.

Thanks guys Smile
I like it, besides the theme:s
The homepage kills the whole site. It just doesn't kill, it murders.

You've got great features, but most people go off of looks first. You need to get a new, good looking homepage up soon, or you'll have no one registering.
(2009-01-17, 08:43 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]The homepage kills the whole site. It just doesn't kill, it murders.

You've got great features, but most people go off of looks first. You need to get a new, good looking homepage up soon, or you'll have no one registering.
I registered for the hell of it. And thought the features were great too, but the logo in the ACP is horrid:s
(2009-01-17, 08:43 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]The homepage kills the whole site. It just doesn't kill, it murders.

unfortunately i agree ...i will however try out the servers Wink
Pages: 1 2