MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox to the Top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I want my shoutbox at the top of my screen, how do I do this. It could be in the options, but when I go to the admin cp and options relating to the shoutbox are just check boxes with no text explaining what the check boxes are for.

So is there a way to move it to the top, or are there other shoutbox mods that I can use?
well, what shoutbox do you have?
If it's in the index template, there'll be a little variable for it which you can just move.
I use this one.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/shoutbox

MattR, I uploaded the mod to myself as the directions told me. Maybe there isn't a way to move this to the top. If so could you recommend another one?
Yes, if it shows on the index, open the index template, and you'll see something like {$shoutbox}, just more that.
ya, i recommend spicefuse shoutbox and when you install that put
<sf_shoutbox>
next to header in the index templates.
I'm assuming we are talking about the index template in my hosting not admin cp? I actually know css and html with some php that's why I'm wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place. What should the file be called?
No, no files, it's the index template. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Index page Templates > index. You don't need to know PHP or anything, it's just moving a small bit of code Smile
Go into your ACP.
Templates & Styles --> Templates (left side) --> Select the theme --> Index Templates -->Index.
At the bottom where it says {$footer} (around there atleast) there will be something with the word shoutbox in it. {$shoutbox} for example. Just cut that (select-->Ctrl+X) and Paste it up top above {$forums}.

EDIT: D'oh! Here we go again making replies to the same topic in less than 2 minutes of eachother. Toungue I'll let you take this one.
Got it! Thanks guys Big Grin Great community here.