MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions messed up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a dating site & Im trying to use my forum for advertisements so have removed permissions to reply to threads as I would like people to pm eachother when they see an advertisement posted that they like.

However after removing the permission to reply I cannot view the contents of any thread at all, as admin or as registered. I have made sure that the groups are able to view the thread in user permissions & in forum permissions, but it would seem that if permission to reply is removed the contents of the thread cant be viewed at all Sad
Does anyone know what I could tweak to change this?
Thanks
ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose group** > Edit Permissions/Set Permissions > Can view threads within forum? > *tick* > 'Use custom permissions (below)' > *select*.

I think this issue is looking to be improved.
Hmm thats weird, I did that to begin with but it looks like it didnt save the settings first time. Ive changed it now but when I try to view the thread contents I get a page of this laid out in a table above the thread...

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 8 - Line: 406 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 5.1.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 406 preg_replace
/inc/class_parser.php 137 postParser->parse_smilies
/inc/functions_post.php 529 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 799 build_postbit
Warning [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 8 - Line: 406 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 5.1.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 406 preg_replace
/inc/class_parser.php 137 postParser->parse_smilies
/inc/functions_post.php 529 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 799 build_postbit
Warning [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 8 -
This is weird. I wiped the database & installed a completely fresh forum & still when I view thread reply I am getting this huge table of errors above the thread...

[Image: error1.jpg]

This pic is just a quarter of the stuff that is there.
I havent installed any themes this is a fresh forum, does anyone know why it would be doing this?
Thanks
Ah okie. Ive installed 14.3 instead now & its working fine. Will use the parser update if I get the error again. Thanks